Small Cute Grey Red Outline Pointer


Hello. Just one thing to say.
The Game.


Maximum quality for Chrome
1366 x 768 screen resolution

Skin by Le Vans. xoxo
»My current philosophy
Wednesday 30 November 2011

Gonna try something a lil' different this time. I've come to a number of conclusions and I'm gonna try sorting out my thoughts systematically instead of just copying and pasting the jumbled mess of tangled thoughts in my head and plopping the steaming hunk onto text. I'm going to TRY to segregate my thoughts and general life philosophy as best I can. So, to start off:

Conclusion 1: Nobody ever acknowledges anyone else as a fully functional, thinking human being every bit as complex as they are.

If you didn't stop to think about that for more than 20 seconds, I suggest you read it again and again and pound it so damn deep into your brain you use up some of that 90%. A really good example of this comes from first impressions. You judge a person based on how they act when you first see them and think 'Yea, I'm pretty sure this is how they are all the time,' and some of you might even start congratulating yourself on your self awareness. I remember reading an xkcd comic strip that illustrates this sort of thinking perfectly.

Long story short, you are a complex human being with a creative, unique mind of your own and every action you undertake has layers upon layers of reasoning and variables. You were having a bad day! That's why you jammed your horn at peak hour! But that guy in the black Merc? He tailgates you because he's an inconsiderate corporate douche.

I could spend 3 whole posts talking on and on about the effects of this sort of thinking but this is supposed to be a nice neat post. So I'll leave it at that. But if you're congratulating yourself on already reaching that conclusion or thinking to yourself something along the lines of 'Hey, now that I know that, I'm sure I won't do the same thing again!' I'm afraid I'll have to stop you there because that brings me to my next two conclusions. I kinda bundled them together because you can't fully understand one without another.

Conclusion 2&3 : When you believe yourself to be immune to certain prejudices or thought patterns, that is when you're most vulnerable to them and just because you realise light is not always good and dark is not always bad does not make the reverse true.

I realise that the way I phrased 3 was a bit messy but bear with me. It was the easiest way to explain it.

The best way I can explain the reasoning for conclusion 2 is from a real life example. There's this girl I know and she's constantly raving about how silly religion is and how illogical it is and how she'd never be so stupid as to believe in something so nebulous and delusional.

The same girl believes that the time of year you are born in and the placement of darkened pigments on your body can determine what kind of person you are and how you look and act. Dreams can apparently tell the future, if what she posts is to be taken literally.

If that girl is reading this, genetics determine your looks, yes? Not stars floating in preconceived maps in the sky, where said stars might well be tens, if not hundreds of thousands of years dead before the earth was even formed.
Do you see where I'm going with this?
As for conclusion 3, put it this way. Light is not always good, dark is not always bad, as most fantasy readers would probably agree.
Light always being good and dark always being bad is one of the oldest clichés in the book. It's naïveté at best to believe any person is gonna stick entirely to one color scheme and persistent ignorance at worst. If the world was so neatly segregated in two, moral dilemmas would hardly exist.
But the weird thing is, when people realise that, they do the oddest thing. They flip the philosophy in reverse and use that instead.
What I mean by that being, instead of light=good/dark=bad, they do light= bad/dark= good. It is amazingly annoying and I think it's the reason behind all the whiny Facebook statuses and tweets. When they get their heart broken for the first time and realise love is not like a fairy tale, they start vomiting out statuses about how cruel the world is and how nothing ever goes right for them and yappity yappity yap.

The world is nothing like a fairy tale but it certainly isn't the hellhole you believe it to be. Speaking of belief, I have something for that too but it's 3 am now and my brain hurts. Sooo... Until next time?

words spilled @ Wednesday, November 30, 2011 / leave goosebumps here